C'mon, are these not the cutest potatoes you've ever seen? Yes. I called potatoes cute, but seriously just look at them. These dainty potatoes are evenly sliced across the top, drizzled in fresh herbs, garlic, butter, and olive oil, and then roasted. With a crispy exterior and tender inside, these potatoes are perhaps the best version of potato yet!
Am I the only one that has been on an endless search for the best version of potato? French fries are at the top of that list for me... until I discovered these mini hasselback potatoes. I like having a crisp bite, but for the inside to be soft and fluffy. The texture and flavor of these potatoes are unbeatable and will quickly rank high on your list!
Mini Hasselback Potatoes
- Wooden Skewers
- 1 ½ pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Evenly slice each potato into thin slices but don't let the knife go all the way through. About ¼ inch must remain unsliced at the bottom for the potato to stay together. This can be done by inserting a wooden skewer at the bottom of the potato and slicing the top to ensure it does not cut through.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Carefully roll the potatoes around to coat on all sides and in between the slices. More olive oil can be used if necessary.
- Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, melt the butter. Add the rosemary, parsley, and garlic into the melted butter.
- Remove from the oven. Brush each potato with most of the melted butter mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush the potatoes with the remaining mixture. Top with salt. Serve warm.