Thanksgiving calls for all the appetizers for a crowd, & sweet potatoes are a must! Usually, there are candied yams or sweet potato casserole on our table. However, this year I wanted a fun finger food appetizer that still had all those flavors! These crispy sweet potato crostini are topped with creamy goat cheese, candied pecans, fresh thyme, and honey for the perfect sweet and balanced bite.
Other than how tasty these are, I love how easy they are to make! They are one of the best appetizers foappr a crowd. While all the other dinner dishes are being prepared, you can just throw these in the oven, let them crisp up, top them, and voila... a scrumptious appetizer. Now we have something delicious to snack on while cooking!
Sweet Potato Crostini with Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans
Sweet Potato Crostini
- 2 sweet potatoes each about 3 inches in diameter, cut into ⅛-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup halved pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup honey
Prepare the Sweet Potato Crostini
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet pans, and toss both sides in olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour, then flip the slice and bake until golden brown and slightly crispy, about 1 hour more. Rotate the sheet pans halfway through cooking to ensure it cooks evenly on all sides.
Prepare Candied Pecans
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the candied pecans. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a skillet over medium heat, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and water. Stir until sugar dissolves. Once the mixture begins to bubble, add the pecans. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and spread the pecans out evenly on the lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- Once sweet potatoes are done cooking, let cool for about 5 minutes, then top with goat cheese, candied pecans, thyme, and honey.