To brie or not to brie? Let's be honest, if you're showing up to a get-together, always bring the brie! Classic baked brie has been given a spring makeover in this recipe by adding strawberries, balsamic, and pecans!
Brie has a very buttery taste and creamy texture, making it the perfect addition to some crisp, bright fruit. I usually devour brie with a variety of apples in the fall, but I wanted to try pairing another fruit. This brie is baked until ooey-gooey and then topped with strawberries soaked in balsamic vinegar and honey. A little sprinkle of pecans on top adds a dimension of crunch!
Balsamic Strawberry Baked Brie
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- 12 strawberries sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup pecans roasted and chopped
- 1 wheel brie cheese 8 ounces
- Crackers or baguette for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, honey, and basil. Then add strawberries and lightly stir. Place the bowl in the fridge for about 15 minutes to soak the berries.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the brie on top of the parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until very soft to touch.
- Remove the strawberry mixture from the fridge. Top the brie with the mixture, and then sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.