Watermelon is my favorite fruit, and this salad may be my favorite way to eat it! Watermelon is just delicious on its own, so fresh, sweet, and fruity… an iconic summer fruit. But it actually pairs so well with many things from shrimp to cheese, watermelon can really balance a dish.
In this salad, watermelon is the star of the show! It is placed over arugula and paired with cucumbers, feta, mint, refreshing honey lime vinaigrette, and little chunky sea salt sprinkled on top. The salty, tangy feta paired with the juicy watermelon is a bite like no other. And having a drizzle of that sweet and sour lime vinaigrette… this salad will ignite tastebuds you didn’t even know you had!
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 mini watermelon about 4 cups, cut in cubes or triangles
- 2 english cucumbers about 1 cup, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- In a mason jar or small bowl, add the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey. Shake or stir to combine.
- In a large serving bowl or plate, place the arugula. Then add the watermelon, cucumber, chopped mint, and feta.
- Drizzle the lime vinaigrette over the salad and sprinkle chunky salt on top.