Sure, you can buy caramel sauce at the store, but why would you when this caramel sauce is so much better and surprisingly very easy! With only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes, this decadent caramel sauce comes together. It is perfect for anything and everything - fruit, desserts, coffee, and even cocktails! You will never want store-bought caramel again.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ teaspoon flaky salt
- In a medium-sized light color pot, over medium heat, add granulated sugar and water. Stir once and then avoid stirring for 10-12 minutes while it simmers. The sugar will turn into a deep amber-brown color.
- Once the color of the mixture is deep amber-brown, turn off the heat. While vigorously stirring, slowly add the heavy cream. The mixture will greatly bubble.
- After the bubbling has settled, remove from heat and add in the unsalted butter. Stir until melted.
- Then add in the salt and stir.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Can be served cold or warmed!