My obsession with cheesecake is too real. I am always experimenting with different flavors that can go into it. I even experiment with making the texture more dense or fluffy. This cheesecake is fluffy and light. It is bright with added lemon zest and extract and has a crisp golden Oreo crust! It is smooth, tart, and perfectly sweet.
I love the sensation of tasting something tart like lemon. It is a little zap on your tastebuds! The acidity of the lemon mixed with the luscious cream cheese creates such a succulent bite. This lemon cheesecake after grilling on a warm day or at your next spring event would be perfect! You need to try this dreamy dessert!
Lemon Cheesecake with Golden Oreo Crust
- Springform pan
Golden Oreo Crust
- 32 golden Oreo Cookies with the cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 lemons zest only
- Prepare the springform pan. Spray the interior sides and bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, combine the golden Oreos and butter. Pulse until the mixture forms a wet sand texture. Then press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan to form the crust. Chill while making the cheesecake mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. While still beating, add in sugar and then eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth. Then scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is being incorporated.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and heavy whipping cream. Beat on high speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat in the lemon zest and cornstarch at low speed. Scrape sides again. Now transfer into your springform pan and spread evenly.
- Place a large roasting pan in the oven and place the cheesecake springform in the roasting pan's center. Carefully pour hot water in the roasting pan to about halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, turn the oven off and open the oven door. Let continue cooking for another 45 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes on the counter. Gently run a butter knife along the exterior of the cheesecake to release it from the pan. Then put in the fridge to cool for at least 6 hours.
- After it is chilled, serve sliced with whipped cream on top.