Lava cake is such a standout dessert! This one has a rich chocolate sturdy cake exterior with an ooey-gooey peanut butter center. Not only does it taste decadent and delicious, but it's also visually stunning. It is perfect for a date night, dinner party, or special occasion.
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Instant Pot
- 6 Ounce Ramekins
- 1 stick unsalted butter plus more for greasing the ramekins
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar plus more for topping
- 4 eggs 2 full eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for dusting the ramekin
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter not natural, commercial peanut butter like Jif or Skippy
- 1 cup water
- Grease 4 ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder. This ensures the cake doesn't stick after baking and comes out easily.
- In a bowl, combine butter and chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second intervals until thoroughly melted.
- Add powdered sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add cocoa powder, flour, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Pour ramekins half way with the batter, then top each ramekin with a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. Top with the remaining batter.
- Cover ramekins tightly with foil. Pour the cup of water in the instant pot. Carefully place 3 ramekins at the bottom of the instant pot and stack the fourth one on top in the center, like a pyramid. Lock lid and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Quick release and using tongs, carefully remove ramekins from instant pot. Uncover and run knife around edges to make sure it didn't stick.
- Place a plate on top of the ramekin and flip upside down. The cake should smoothly fall out of the ramekin. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.