Grilled zucchini is the perfect spring and summer side dish. And topped with this flavorful garlic lemon aioli really perfects the dish! It tastes so bright and fresh. The slight char on the zucchini gives it a caramelized taste. Sprinkled with a bit of red pepper chili flakes to give it a touch of spice.
Zucchini will forever be one of my all-time favorite vegetables! There are an endless amount of ways to cook them, and every way comes out so delicious. If you haven't found your staple side dish yet for this summer, you have got to try this!
Grilled Zucchini with Garlic Lemon Aioli
- Pastry brush
Garlic Lemon Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon red cayenne
- pinch of salt
- 5 zucchini cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- First, prepare the garlic lemon aioli. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and minced garlic. Brush both sides of the zucchini with the garlic olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, place zucchini on the grill. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- Once zucchini is tender and slightly charred, remove it from the grill. Set on serving tray and drizzle in garlic lemon aioli. Sprinkle red pepper chili flakes on top.