I have discovered a new favorite way to make salmon! Stuffing it with cream cheese, spinach, garlic, and spice and then pan-searing it, and basting in lemon butter, to create the most perfect delectable creamy spinach salmon. I can't believe I have gone 24 years without having this.
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins for dinner. I am always experimenting with new ways to make it and all the different ingredients that go with it. I was not expecting the cheese to pair well, but boy does it! The creamed spinach with fresh lemon and buttery salmon is just exquisite.
Creamed Spinach Stuffed Salmon
Creamed spinach stuffed salmon that pan-seared and basted in lemon butter.
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup frozen spinach defrosted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika, and onion powder.
- Using a paring knife, carefully slice a slit across the center of the salmon horizontally. Fill the pocket with the creamed spinach.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Place the salmon skin-side down and cook for about 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, add the lemon juice and butter to the pan. Then flip and cook for another 6 minutes. Baste the salmon in lemon juice and butter.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Leave a Reply