I have discovered a new favorite way to make salmon! Stuffing it with cream cheese, spinach, garlic, and spice and then pan-searing it, and basting in lemon butter, to create the most perfect delectable creamy spinach salmon. I can't believe I have gone 24 years without having this.
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins for dinner. I am always experimenting with new ways to make it and all the different ingredients that go with it. I was not expecting the cheese to pair well, but boy does it! The creamed spinach with fresh lemon and buttery salmon is just exquisite.
Creamed Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup frozen spinach defrosted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika, and onion powder.
- Using a paring knife, carefully slice a slit across the center of the salmon horizontally. Fill the pocket with the creamed spinach.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Place the salmon skin-side down and cook for about 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, add the lemon juice and butter to the pan. Then flip and cook for another 6 minutes. Baste the salmon in lemon juice and butter.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.