I know I am not the only one who orders crab rangoon every time I get Chinese take-out! I mean, how can you not? These crab rangoon are filled with a creamy crab mixture with sesame oil and white pepper and dipped in a sweet heat pineapple chili sauce. The outside is deep-fried, creating a perfect crispy texture with a creamy inside.
Whether you make these for a get-together, alongside dinner, or just for yourself, these savory snacks are hard to resist. They will disappear from the table in a matter of seconds. Now you can skip the take-out and just make these on your own!
Crab Rangoon with Pineapple Chili Sauce
- Large Deep Pot
Pineapple Chili Sauce
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red bell pepper roughly chopped
- ½ fresno pepper or red jalapeno
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces crab meat well drained
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- pinch of white pepper
- 36 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- Firstly make the pineapple chili dipping sauce. In a food processor, combine the pineapple, garlic, red pepper, fresno pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pour mixture into a pan and add vinegar, sugar, and water.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Next, in a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sesame oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and white pepper. Then fold in the crab meat, garlic, and green onion.
- Place 1 ½ teaspoons of the crab mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Using your finger, lightly dampen the edges of the wonton wrapper with egg wash.
- Fold the bottom corner into the top corner and pinch the top of the triangle tightly to seal. Then fold the other 2 corners into the middle of the triangle. Make sure to press out any excess air from the inside of the wonton. Then seal all the surrounding edges.
- In a large deep pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees. Fry wontons a couple at a time, ensuring they don't touch or overcrowded. Use a slotted spoon to gently move around and cook for about 4 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oil onto a paper towel-lined plate to soak up the excess grease. Serve with the delicious pineapple chili sauce.