Who doesn't love grilled cheese? For me, a lunch containing a grilled cheese sandwich is the absolute best! This grilled cheese is the ultimate gourmet sandwich layered with sourdough bread, prosciutto, sharp white cheddar cheese, yellow peaches, and sweet honey!
This sandwich is seriously next level! Let's talk about the flavor profile of all these ingredients. Any bread can be used, but I like the texture and fresh taste of sourdough. The prosciutto adds some saltiness and crisps up while cooking. Sharp white cheddar cheese is the perfect choice for this grilled cheese! It is incredibly creamy with a bite. The yellow peaches taste like a fresh summer day and add some lightness to the grilled cheese. Last but not least, the drizzle of honey glazes while cooking and enhances all the flavors together!
White Cheddar Peach Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices thick-cut sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese sliced
- 2 yellow peaches peeled and sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your panini press or pan to medium-high heat.
- Butter all slices of bread on both sides. Set aside.
- Now let's layer the ingredients. Place the slices of cheddar on top of the slice of bread, then add the peaches, the prosciutto, and lastly, a drizzle of honey. Top with another slice of bread.
- Cook on both sides until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. If the bread is browning too quickly, reduce the heat.
- Cut in half and serve warm.
Leave a Reply