When eating out, lobster tails are one of my favorite things to order. But what if you could have just as good or even better lobster tails in the comfort of your own home? These lobster tails are a decadent entree that comes together in no time at all and is easier than you think.
The lobster tail meat is lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika but then basted in a fresh yet rich lemon garlic butter. Finally, it is broiled under high heat, making the meat tender and evenly cooked. Of all the different ways to cook a lobster tail, I like the broiling method the best. It is quick and straightforward yet delivers the most tender, perfectly cooked lobster meat.
Lobster tails are perfect for any special occasion! Fathers day, birthdays, Valentines Day, a flavorful, delicious lobster tail will never disappoint. These lobster tails, alongside some vegetables like grilled zucchini or roasted artichokes, create a perfect meal. Spoil your loved one with these divine lobster tails.
Lemon Garlic Broiled Lobster Tails
- 4 lobster tails thawed, 8-10 ounces each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 stick salted butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Position the rack in the oven that lobster tails placed on a baking sheet would be about 5 inches away from the broiler—Preheat the oven to broil on high heat.
- Butterfly the lobster tails. Using kitchen shears, cut through the top of the lobster shell vertically, starting at the lobster fins and moving down to the tail of the lobster. Be careful only to cut the top of the lobster shell and not the bottom or lobster meat. Then using your fingers or spoon, gently pull the meat away from the shell. Once the meat feels released from the shell, pull the meat upwards through the slit in the top of the shell, leaving the meat still connected to the end of the tail. Push together the empty shell and place the lobster meat on top. Repeat on all lobster tails and then put on a baking sheet.
- Season the lobster meat with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Brush all but a quarter of the butter mixture on the lobster meat.
- Broil for about 1 minute per ounce of an individual tail. The meat should be opaque when done.
- Remove the tails from the oven and brush with the remaining butter mixture. Serve warm.