My slider obsession grows by the second. Whenever I go to a restaurant and see sliders on the menu, I have to get it and taste the combination of flavors! For some reason, they taste better than full-sized sandwiches? These grilled chicken pesto sliders are no exception! In between buttery toasted ciabatta bread are seasoned grilled chicken breasts, fresh, flavorful pesto, sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes, and melted mozzarella cheese.
These sliders would be perfect for a day outside grilling or even a summer lunch. You could make other things on the grill at the same time to go along with the sliders, such as my grilled zucchini. You can double or even triple the recipe if making for a crowd.
Grilled Chicken Pesto Sliders
- Grill or grill pan
- Food processor
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves packed
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 4 ounces pesto
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- In a food processor, combine all of the pesto ingredients except the olive oil, and pulse until finely minced. Then slowly add in the olive oil until the pesto comes together. Set aside.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half and butter in the inner bread. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to be even thickness. Then cut them in half vertically to create 4 smaller chicken breasts for the sliders—olive oil the chicken breasts and evenly season.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat. Using tongs, transfer the chicken breasts to the grill. Grill for 5 minutes and then flip to the other side. Grill the other side for 5 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F. In the last minute of the chicken cooking, add a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast and melt.
- Place the buttered side of the ciabatta rolls on the grill for about 1 minute to toast.