Will everything bagel seasoning ever go out of style? I sure as heck hope not because I am obsessed (if you can't tell)! I use it on everything from eggs to bread, and these mozzarella sticks are no exception. Classic cheesy mozzarella sticks with a crispy exterior made of Panko, bread crumbs, and everything but the bagel seasoning!
Creating these mozzarella sticks reminded me that inspiration can spark from anywhere and anything! The other day I had been craving mozzarella sticks and happened to have all the stuff in my fridge. But I didn't want just any mozzarella sticks; I wanted to experiment with flavor. When opening my cabinet to grab the salt and pepper, there was everything but the bagel seasoning! I immediately got to creating. I love that even one ingredient can jot your brain into creativity mode!
Everything Bagel Mozzarella Sticks
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks each cut in half, for a total of 12 sticks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup panko
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- olive oil spray
- marinara or ranch for dipping
- Set out three small shallow bowls. In the first bowl, place flour, salt, and pepper and mix to combine. In the second bowl, add 2 eggs and lightly beat. In the third bowl, combine Panko, Italian bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and everything bagel seasoning.
- One at a time, coat mozzarella in the flour mixture, dip into the beaten egg and coat it in the bread crumb mixture. Lightly press to get all the crumbs and seasoning to adhere to the mozzarella stick. Repeat with all of the mozzarella sticks.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all mozzarella sticks have been coated, freeze for 30 minutes. Make sure to keep the egg mixture and bread crumb mixture for the second coating.
- After 30 minutes, remove the mozzarella sticks from the freezer. Dip in the egg mixture and then coat again in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Return the mozzarella sticks to the freezer for 1 hour.
- If using an air fryer, preheat to 400F. Evenly place the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer and spray with olive oil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. These mozzarella sticks can also be done in the oven at 415F for 10-20 minutes. They can also be fried in oil at 365F for about 30 seconds on each side.