If you're in need of a decadent wow dessert, look no further. *Chocolate peanut butter tart enters the chat* This chocolate peanut butter tart consists of a crispy crust made of chocolate graham crackers, a filling of fluffy whipped creamy peanut butter, and a topping of bittersweet chocolate ganache. Altogether, it tastes exactly like a giant Reese's peanut butter cup, but bigger and so much better!
Although Reeses has been produced in many different varieties from pieces to cereal, nothing beats an original Reese's peanut butter cup. That luscious peanut butter filling surrounded by smooth chocolate. The chocolate is so soft that when it even touches your fingers, it melts. Recreating a dessert that resembles that classic candy has been on my bucket list for way too long. Everyone needs this grown-up version of a peanut butter cup in their arsenal.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 ounces chocolate graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
Peanut Butter Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter not natural, I use Skippy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a food processor, crush the graham crackers into a dust consistency. In a large bowl, melt together the chocolate and butter. Add the graham cracker crumbs and mix until evenly combined. Press the cookie crumbs evenly into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Use the bottom of a cup to distribute and press the crumbs up the pan's sides—Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter filling. In a large bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract on medium speed until well blended. In another large bowl, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Then add the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture and fold in using a rubber spatula. Spoon the filling into the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate to cool for 1 hour.
- Lastly, make the chocolate ganache. In a medium bowl, microwave the heavy cream for about 1 minute until hot. Then carefully add the chocolate and mix until the chocolate is completely melted and combined. Spread the chocolate topping over the chilled peanut butter filling evenly. Sprinkle the edges with chopped peanuts. Return to the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours.
- To serve, carefully remove the rim from the tart pan. Use a sharp knife to cut the tart into wedges. Serve chilled.